"Put on your classface," Pete said.
"Your classface? What is, that like your gameface?"
"Yeah, but you know, for class, know what I'm saying?" Pete is full of fun commentary.
"I think," I sneered.
The class became silent as the teacher's imposing stance shunned all notion of interruption by even the noisiest student in the class.
"Hello class, happy Tuesday," Mrs. Wiedemeyer began.
No one echoed the sentiments. Tuesday is nobody's favorite, I thought. Sixth grade is really a pain in the ass. It seems like I've learned all this stuff before and junior high is already just six months away. Why don't we end school already? All I'm looking forward to is the class trip to Great America. Why am I in such a bad mood anyway? I'm not normally like this, am I?
I thought back to my last minutes before leaving the house. My mom was in such a strange mood.
I had seen her get like this before. It wasn't a mood I saw her in often, but there was something about it. Fear, I think it was. Oh, that's right. I asked her what she was doing later today and I got such an ambiguous answer. Ambiguous, that reminds me, I'd better study for the spelling bee today on my break. I hope my mom's not coming to school again today, I hope that's not why she was being so weird.
It would be the third time this month that my mom would be coming to see Debbie. Debbie is the school counselor, or at least mine. She's super nice, it's just that every time I am called in to see her, I know I am in for some super stupid analysis time. Why do need counseling anyway? It's not my fault Mike's such a dweeb.
Oh, Mike. Mike has been a pest ever since the fourth grade, when he first learned how to hack. I never should have given him my email address, he sees it as his personal chore to make my day a living hell.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, the same thing was happening to me. My mom started showing up at school and becoming really good friends with all of the consolers. I don't even know what the problem was, but they didn't like something I was doing. I guess I'm really talkative and hyper-active, but I didn't think that was a bad thing. It's not my fault everything they taught was boring. I'd call that a lack of imagination on their part.
What really sucked is that they started making me take all these pills! I hated that. I don't even remember 7th grade because of them. I lost a lot of friends because I didn't care about anything anymore. Now I don't take them anymore. Instead I play drums. They're really fun and I get to pay my mom back for her decisions about the pills. Whatever you do don't let them give you pills. Just get a drum kit or better yet a guitar.
Post a Comment